MOVING PICTURES MAGAZINE CELEBRATES 20TH ANNIVERSARY WITH RELEASE OF FALL ISSUE FEATURING JOHN CUSACK
Moving Pictures Magazine Fall Issue Includes Interviews with Cusack and Roland Emmerich, Star and Director, respectively, of the Holiday Blockbuster “2012”
(Santa Monica, CA) – October 15th, 2009 – Moving Pictures magazine, a quarterly publication that reports on the social, artistic and political elements that shape our world through movies, today celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the company with the release of the Fall Issue, featuring John Cusack. The Fall Issue, due out mid October, includes interviews with Cusack and Roland Emmerich, the star and director, respectively, of the holiday blockbuster “2012.”
John Cusack, who’s worked on nearly 60 movies over a 26-year career and has seen nearly everything the business has to offer, says he was initially stumped by a script that essentially had the world disappearing out from under itself.
The sci-fi action thriller, due Nov. 13th, is Emmerich’s take on the ancient Mayan prediction that a world-ending event is due in 2012.
With its Summer Issue, Moving Pictures magazine has launched a slate of features, covering topics ranging from travel and fashion to academia and inspirational stories.
Highlights for Moving Pictures magazine’s 20th Anniversary Fall Issue include:
• Preview of the upcoming AFI FEST and American Film Market;
• Coverage from the Toronto International Film Festival;
• Special report on the success Iranian films are having at film festivals;
• Interview with Michelle Byrd, the outgoing director of the Independent Film Project;
• Excerpt from Tony Curtis’ new book “The Making of ‘Some Like it Hot’: My Memories of Marilyn Monroe and the Classic American Movie”
• The fashion behind Anne Fontaine’s “Coco before Chanel”
• Profile of actress Tanna Frederick, the star of several recent Henry Jaglom films
• Director Joe Berlinger writes about his experiences making the documentary film “Crude”
• Still Life spotlight of the upcoming Tim Burton exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art
• Editors’ Choice: 10 must-see vampire movies.
Moving Pictures magazine continues to provide pre-eminent film festival coverage with print, video and photography, maintaining its relevance among industry leaders and the general public. It is supported by its website with over one million monthly hits. See www.movingpicturesmagazine.com
About Moving Pictures Magazine
Moving Pictures magazine is a 20-year-old quarterly publication that reports on the social, artistic and political elements that shape the world of movies. MovingPicturesMagazine.com, the online complement to the print edition, provides digital connectivity to the important news, video content, festivals and events from around the world that impact the film industry. And MPLive! is a television and Web series that focuses on the world’s major festivals and artists within the independent film industry.
The Rose Group